Healthy Pancake Recipe For Kids
Homemade pancake would be the best breakfast for your toddler than all artificial sugary cereals and puffed rice that he or she ate in breakfast daily. You must come up with a healthy pancake recipe in order to make the breakfast meal delicious and healthy as well. Nutritious and balanced diet is vital for good health and normal growth of kids and you can add up the pancake in the meal plan for your kids to make them healthy, fit and happy. In case, you don’t have an idea and a healthy pancake recipe for kids, simply scroll down the page because an easy to cook and very simple but healthy pancake recipe is waiting for you there.
Healthy pancake recipe
Ingredients – Stuff you need to cook the recipe
- Two cups whole wheat flour
- Half teaspoon baking soda
- Half teaspoon white salt
- Half cup unsweetened applesauce
- Two complete eggs
- One and half cups of whole milk
- One teaspoon vanilla mix
- Two teaspoons baking powder
- Two tablespoons of honey
- Two tablespoons melted butter
Method and instructions to cook the pancake recipe
- After making sure that all ingredients are available in the kitchen, get a big bowl and fluff white whole wheat flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda up in the bowl.
- Combine milk, eggs, applesauce, honey and vanilla powered together in another small bowl and beat to make a smooth liquid. After that, whip it up in the melted butter you have.
- Mingle the wet ingredients you have in one bowl with dry ingredients that you have in another bowl and whisk until incorporated fairly.
- Now its time to cook, so start heating the grill for medium warmth and then plunge the large spoonfuls of the batter into the skillet and cook the first side until bubbles form and the edges are dry and lightly brown. It will take up to 3 to 4 minutes (it may take less if the heat is not medium).
- Repeat the same process with remaining batter to cook more delicious pancakes for your kids.
- Place the all cooked pancakes on a wire rack and wait for the time when completely out of the heat. After that, transfer the wire rack loaded with pancakes to the freezer and let serve your kids in breakfast.
Some tips to make pancakes delightful in appearance
Kids and toddlers are likely to eat foods fully decorated with tasty stuff and you can also turn your flat pancakes into classy.
Pancakes with smiley face
It will not take lots of minutes, just fill a teaspoon with batter and sprinkle onto the pancake in the shape of the smiley face when it is under the cooking process. When cooking finished, you will see a beautiful and delicious pancake with a smiley face that your kids will eat with a smile on their faces.
Choc chips to make the pancake stand out
Choc chip is the favorite edible stuff that kids love to eat and you can apply it in on the already cooked pancake. You must apply choc chips when it comes to place the pancake in the freezer.
Crushed fruits and veggies
It is another good idea to embellish the pancake. Just use some crushed carrots, apples and squash on the pancake before your serve and your kids will love the pancake really.