How to Choose Female Incontinence Pads for your Needs
It is common to experience incontinence related to illness or aging. The urine incontinence is an uncontrolled leakage of urine which if left untreated, can lead to more serious health problems.
It is not a constant problem but it is more of a nuisance that can happen in men or women at any age. . Whether it a full-time problem or it is not often, finding the best incontinence pad for your needs is important. These days, male or female incontinence pads are available in various shapes and sizes, usually based on waist measurements.
If you are new to incontinence products and buying them for the first time, then you are surely going to be happy seeing so many options and varieties available in the market. But it is essential to know how to choose the right product for you.
Here are Some Tips that would help you Find the Right Female Incontinence Pads
- Size: Perfect fit has become everyone’s mantra. Therefore, the first step is to measure your waist, hips, and thighs. This is essential because either too large or too small cannot manage urine leakage effectively. Once you have your measurements, compare them to the manufacturer’s sizing guide as sizes differ from brand to brand.
- Absorbency: Depending on the severity of the leakage, the type of undergarment should be chosen. If the situation is not that severe then you can rather forego the use of incontinence pad. However, if it is a chronic issue then you must purchase a product that is capable of holding heavy leakage, especially at night.
- Gender-specific: Though there are unisex diapers available, they are not a good solution. Therefore, it is suggested to buy gender specific product, such as Depend Real Fit for Men and Prevail Underwear for Women.
- Cost: Quality comes at a price. Female incontinence pads are expensive, but if you look at the utility, comfort and hassle-free solutions then you can be sure that they are definitely worth the price. There are many options in the market that are available at different prices. Do not get attracted to low-cost pads as you may end up buying low-quality products. Thus, your priority must be appropriate absorption and fit. However, if you are so particular about the price, then you can opt for washable ones than the disposal ones which are slightly cheaper. Another tip, buying online can be a good saving as there are many offers and wholesale packages available.
The above being the main reasons, there are few other tips too that you must consider while buying female incontinence pads for quick absorbency and better skin health.
You may be wondering if they are hygienic and worth using. If that’s your thought then you must take these factors into considerations while buying such pads. However, once you have bought the pads, here are some tips that you must remember for using them in a right manner:
- Trying new things always cause some discomfort till you get used to it. Therefore, as you start using these pads, stay home for few days so that you know how to manage them
- Ensure that the pads fit into your undergarment properly. If they do not then it is better you relook at your wardrobe.
- If you are buying online and for the first time, then it is better to first buy a sample pack. Once you are sure that the fitting and absorption is as per your requirement then you can go ahead and buy in bulk.
Now you do not have to worry when you have incontinence pads.